Sport

Frank Warren Rejects Dubois-Joshua Rematch, Suggests New Matchup Instead.

According to Frank Warren, Queensberry Promotions is currently considering other opponents for Daniel Dubois’ upcoming bout.

Following his September thrashing of Anthony Joshua in five rounds, “Triple D” was anticipated to face him again soon.

After knocking out Joshua last month, Dubois was scheduled to face him again right away.

Eddie Hearn, AJ’s promoter, revealed that negotiations were in progress and headed in the right path in the days following the devastating loss. However, Joshua and Dubois’s disorganized schedules have now caused negotiations to abruptly end.

Eddie Hearn, AJ’s promoter, said that his client is still dealing with some “niggles” from their first meeting and would require some time to heal. In the meanwhile, Hearn is worried that the Watford powerhouse will not be able to meet Dubois’s February 22 comeback to the ring.

Hearn hoped the fight would be rescheduled for a time that would work for both men. Warren, however, is putting the rematch on hold for the time being because he wants Dubois to continue competing. Warren told BoxNation, “I don’t see that happening next,” in reference to Dubois vs. Joshua II.

“We are looking at a couple of things at the moment and we will make a decision.

“I was hoping we would get it done fairly quickly but we won’t. I was hoping to get it done last week and this week.

“So sometime next week we are going to be in a position where we can close on something and we are talking to a few other guys…

Warren has ruled out a fight between Wardley and Dubois.

“I’m hearing that he [Joshua] is injured. Whatever it is, if things are going to happen they happen and it has taken a while so you’ve got to feel it won’t happen.

“Unless I get a phone call saying it is on. But we have got to make some decisions and with the greatest respect to everyone we are in the Daniel Dubois business.

“He is the one that matters for me… I want him out on that date and he wants to be out [February 22].

IBF president Daryl Peoples confirmed earlier this week that Dubois can make an optional defence against any ranked fighter before April 22′, leaving the door open for a domestic dustup with Wardley.

The Ipswich puncher knocked out Frazer Clarke earlier this month to defend his British heavyweight title and is currently ranked No.12 by the IBF.

Dubois recently came on talkSPORT and welcomed a fight with his Queensberry stablemate but Warren expects them to meet further down the line.

“I don’t see that happening next,” Warren added. “Fabio will fight anyone, he is a fighting man, this is a man who comes from an unlicensed background.

The boxing mogul likes the idea of Dubois vs Parker.

“You’ve seen what he is all about. He goes in there and he gives everything.

“For me, that fight could be built into something mega there is no doubt about that.”

Another possibility that has been floated around is a clash with Joseph Parker.

The Kiwi isn’t currently ranked in the IBF top 15 due to his WBO ‘interim’ champion status but Warren likes the fight.

“I like most of the fights for him and that is one of them,” Warren said of a possible bout with Parker.

“But we will see we are not going to be rushed into anything and we will look where we are and what to consider and then make a considered choice.

“But it has got to be something that suits everybody that is involved and more importantly something that suits Daniel because he is the champion.”

Related Posts

Elon Musk decides to gift Alysa Liu a Tesla after she becomes the first American woman in 19 years to win the world figure skating championship

In a heartwarming and unexpected move, Elon Musk has decided to gift Alysa Liu, the newly crowned World Figure Skating Champion, a brand-new Tesla after her historic victory….

Novak Djokovic fue visto con una extraña lesión en el ojo durante la impactante derrota en Miami, y la estrella del tenis se negó a revelar cómo sucedió.

Novak Djokovic  mantuvo el silencio sobre la lesión que aparentemente padecía al ser derrotado en la final del Abierto de Miami. Después de avanzar cómodamente a la final del…

Carlos Alcaraz ganó 2,35 millones de libras por ganar Wimbledon, pero aún vive con mamá y papá en un piso encima de una tienda de KEBAB

El número 1 del mundo Carlos Alcaraz volverá a vivir en el piso de sus padres encima de una tienda de kebab, incluso después de ganar 2,35 MILLONES…

Paula Badosa inmortaliza el momento romántico con su novio Stefanos Tsitsipas; muestra un boceto impresionante en “Home Sweet Home”

Paula Badosa capturó recientemente el momento romántico entre ella y su novio Stefanos Tsitsipas con un hermoso boceto. La española exhibió la impresionante obra de arte en su…

Dentro de la batalla de Paula Badosa contra el dolor crónico mientras la ex número 2 del mundo se prepara para jugar con su “alma gemela” Aryna Sabalenka en el partido más importante de su carrera, apoyada por su novio, la estrella del tenis Stefanos Tsitsipas.

Cuando Paula Badosa fue galardonada como la Jugadora Regresada del Año de la WTA al final de la temporada 2024, fue un merecido homenaje a una talentosa que había pasado…

Ciara, Russell Wilson’s wife, shares an exciting announcement.

Russell Wilson and his wife Ciara have been active on social media during the NFL offseason, with millions of fans following their everyday lives. Ciara has over 30 million followers…