Entertainment

Judd Apatow Describes “Ends with Us” as a ‘Terrible Film’ While Joking About Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni at the DGA Awards.

“Usually to make that much money, you have to sue Blake Lively,” Apatow joked during his opening monologue while hosting the event

Judd Apatow is taking aim at the lawsuit against Blake Lively — and It Ends with Us.

On Saturday, Feb. 8, as the filmmaker and comedian, 57, was delivering his opening monologue as the host of the 77th Annual Directors Guild of America (DGA) Awards, he joked about several 2024 films, including AnoraWicked and Lively’s It Ends with Us — as well as the legal drama surrounding it.

“I loved Wicked. I saw it four times in the first four days,” Apatow said. “It was the highest-grossing movie musical of all time. Do you know that? Usually to make that much money, you have to sue Blake Lively.”

The Knocked Up director joked that there was so much fuss made “over such a terrible movie.”

Lively, 37, who filed a 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harassment complaint in December against costar Justin Baldoni, has faced several lawsuits, including one recent defamation suit from a publicist, Jed Wallace, whom she named in the complaint she filed with the California Civil Rights Department.

Lively previously claimed that Wallace was hired by Baldoni’s PR team to assist in an alleged smear campaign against her. Wallace’s lawyers countered that her complaint was completely unfounded.

In response to the lawsuit, Lively’s legal team said in a statement, “Another day, another state, another nine-figure lawsuit seeking to sue Ms. Lively ‘into oblivion’ for speaking out against 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harassment and retaliation.”

The ongoing legal battle between Lively and Baldoni, 41, began in December 2024, when the actress filed a 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harassment complaint against Baldoni, alleging that he engaged in misconduct during the film’s production and a retaliatory smear campaign meant to “destroy” her reputation, which he has denied.

Baldoni countered Lively’s initial claim on Jan. 16 with a $400 million lawsuit against her, her husband Ryan Reynolds and their publicist Leslie Sloane, alleging extortion, defamation and more.

Lawyers from both sides came face to face in court for the first time on Monday, Feb. 3, for a pretrial conference, where the judge warned them to refrain from litigating the case in the public forum. Baldoni and Lively’s trial is currently scheduled for March 2026.

Elsewhere in his opening monologue, the This Is 40 director turned to politics, calling out his fellow filmmakers to take a stand against President Donald Trump, joking: “We all have to decide if we’re going to fight Trump or bend the knee.”

“Maybe I should start making movies and TV that MAGA people would like, like the Real Housewives of January 6th. A hot Proud Boy wife, she gets 𝓈ℯ𝓍y in a catfight with an Oath Keepers wife,” he continued. “Note to self: Really make that show.”

“You could do Extreme Home Makeover: Gaza Edition. We’re going to turn that into the Riviera!” Apatow said, earning laughs from the crowd.

“Or we go the other way,” he continued. “We go hard against Trump. We go even woke-r. We don’t back down. Let’s all go super, double woke. I’m going to make Dune 3 with all gay sand words. I’ll do reboots like The Shawshank Assignment Surgery12 Angry ThemsET the Extra-Bi𝓈ℯ𝓍ualSex and the Sanctuary City. I could go all day. The Amazing Spider-Person. You guys get it. It’s what we’re dealing with.”

Apatow also joked that he’s “getting very depressed” amid the first few weeks of Trump’s second term.

“I’m not going to talk politics. That’s not what we’re here for. But I have to just a little. There’s so much going on. I’m getting very depressed,” he said. “How do you deal with it?”

“I just started microdosing meth. My new pronouns are, we are f——,” he continued. “There is a good chance some of you here tonight in this room voted for Trump, and I won’t judge you. But God will.”

Related Posts

Young Thug Breaks His Silence — But Prosecutors Slam the Door Shut

Recently, Young Thug allegedly shared a tweet calling Fulton County Investigator Marissa Viverito the “biggest liar in the DA office. ” It’s only been a few months since…

Kanye Declares War: ‘Vultures 1’ Isn’t Just an Album—It’s WW3

Kanye West shared a tracklist full of characteristically absurd song titles on social media on Thursday morning. He shared a track list for a new album titled, WW3, on X (formerly Twitter) early Thursday morning. While he didn’t confirm a release date in the post, DJ Akademiks reports that it will be dropping by surprise earlier than fans may expect. “New Ye album dropping tomorrow. WW3,” he wrote on X with fire emojis. The tracklist features a total of 11 songs, most of which have absurd names such as “Cosby,” “Virgil Let Me Down,” and more. Fans in the comments of Akademiks’ post don’t appear too excited about Kanye West’s announcement. “Ye really went from a legendary figure to dropping songs with Dave blunts,” one user wrote. Another added: “This is by far the most DIABOLICAL tracklist I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” Kanye West New Album Release Date As of 9:00 AM, EST, Kanye West has not released the WW3 album, but he’s built quite a reputation for being unreliable about release dates over the years. The announcement comes as West has been incessantly making headlines for his controversial antics online. He recently went on one rant about the late Virgil Abloh, who it seems he’ll be dissing again on the new album. After having complained about him during an interview with DJ Akademiks, last weekend, West elaborated in a post on X on Wednesday. He wrote: “Imagine a n****a steal your dream and is given your crown because he ain’t wear a red hat and then the culture you built mad at you speaking up. My own friends that knew how bad it hurt me came tryna check me for speaking up. I hate when n****s try to tell me what the f*** I can say.”   Xem bài viết này trên Instagram   Bài viết do DJ Akademiks (@akademiks) chia sẻ The WW3 news also arrives shortly after Kanye West dropped his highly-anticipated album, Bully, last month. He dropped that project by surprise alongside a short film directed by Hype Williams.

J Prince Weighs In: The Epic Clash Between 50 Cent and Rick Ross Heats Up Over Millennium Tour Drama!

In a recent turn of events in the ongoing feud between hip-hop titans 50 Cent and Rick Ross, J Prince has weighed in on the drama, highlighting the…

HoneyKomb Brazy Declares War on the Prince Family: A Bold Fight for Freedom in Hip-Hop!

In a dramatic resurgence within the hip-hop scene, HoneyKomb Brazy has stirred significant controversy with recent statements directed towards the Prince family, known for their affiliations with Rap-A-Lot…

Diddy’s Mom Vanishes Abroad with Millions: A Shocking Betrayal Amid Legal Turmoil!

In a shocking turn of events that has captured headlines and public attention, Sean “Diddy” Combs faces a tumultuous legal battle compounded by the unexpected disappearance of his…

Shocking Revelations: Former Inmate Unveils Diddy’s Harrowing Life Behind Bars!

The life of music mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs has taken a dramatic turn since his incarceration at the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) in New York City. Once known…