Entertainment

Ryan Reynolds and NBC refute the staffer’s allegations of being involved in the Blake Lively drama joke on ‘SNL.’

Ryan Reynolds is denying a “Saturday Night Live” staffer’s claims that he pitched a viral joke referring to his wife Blake Lively’s controversial legal battle.

After the “SNL50” anniversary special aired Sunday, the show’s cue card handler Wally Feresten claimed on the “Fifi, Fev & Nick” podcast that Reynolds helped write a joke that referenced Lively’s legal battle with Justin Baldoni.

“He had a different line in rehearsal and he pitched that to replace it,” Feresten said. “That was his idea. … We wouldn’t want to do anything too controversial unless they were in on it.”

During a segment where Tina Fey and Amy Poehler took questions from the studio audience, Reynolds stood up. When Poehler asked the “Deadpool” star how he was doing, he replied, “Great. Why, what have you heard?” as Lively looked uneasy and uncomfortable during the exchange.

But a rep for Reynolds told USA TODAY on Thursday that Fereston’s claims are “not true.” His team’s statement was echoed by NBC, the network that airs “SNL.”

USA TODAY reached out to reps for Baldoni, Poehler and Fey for comment.

Reynolds was not involved in creation of the joke, according to a source familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly with USA TODAY.

Baldoni’s attorney Bryan Freedman said he was “surprised” by the joke Monday, telling Billy Bush on his podcast “Hot Mics” that “I’m unaware of anybody, frankly, whose wife has been 𝓈ℯ𝓍ually harassed and has made jokes about that type of situation.”

The A-list couple, who are engaged in ongoing litigation with Lively’s former co-star and director of the 2024 drama “It Ends with Us,” appeared at the Sunday premiere of “SNL50: The Anniversary Special.” The star-studded NBC broadcast, featuring fellow A-list celebrities and “SNL” alumni, celebrated the 50th anniversary of the iconic sketch comedy series with a three-hour special.

Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds step out for‘SNL50’ premiere amid ‘It Ends with Us’ lawsuits

Lively sparkled on the red carpet in a silver Tamara Ralph floral-accented dress, while Reynolds looked dapper in a midnight navy tuxedo from Thom Sweeney. The couple appeared in high spirits, with both actors flashing smiles for the cameras.

Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds involved in legal battle with Justin Baldoni

The drama surrounding former “It Ends with Us” co-stars Lively and Baldoni appears to be nowhere near over.

Lively filed a legal complaint against Baldoni in December alleging 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harassment during the film’s production, including claims that Baldoni colluded with crisis PR firm fixers to “destroy” Lively’s career in a choreographed attempt to conceal his alleged abuse. Later, on New Year’s Eve, she filed a formal lawsuit.

Baldoni has repeatedly denied her claims.

Last month, Baldoni sued both Reynolds and Lively for $400 million.

In an amended complaint, filed in New York federal court Tuesday and reviewed by USA TODAY, lawyers for Lively allege that two additional actresses involved with the film “It Ends with Us” are prepared to testify against Baldoni and Jamey Heath, the president of Wayfarer Studios, which produced the movie.

The embattled ex-co-stars first drew buzz and controversy with their roles in the romantic drama, which explores domestic violence in relationships, after fans noticed potential beef between the A-list actress and director Baldoni on the movie’s summer press tour. Still, at the box office, the Colleen Hoover film adaptation grossed $351 million worldwide for Sony Pictures.

 

Related Posts

Bombshell Revelations: Is Jay-Z’s Lawyer Caught in a Bribery Scandal to Manipulate Justice?

In a shocking turn of events, Jay-Z’s legal troubles have escalated dramatically, as allegations of misconduct and potential bribery emerge against his legal team. The latest developments stem…

Jay-Z Sends a Stark Warning to 50 Cent After Explosive Diddy Documentary Shakes Hip-Hop Scene!

In a dramatic turn of events that has captivated the hip-hop community, Jay-Z has issued a cautionary signal to 50 Cent following the latter’s bombshell revelations in a…

Red Velvet Shake-Up: Yeri & Wendy Exit SM but Pledge Loyalty to Group

Table of contentsYeri’s Emotional MessageWendy’s Official StatementSM’s Official Announcement Yeri’s Emotional Message Red Velvet’s Yeri has sparked both concern and heartfelt reactions from fans after sending a deeply…

Actor Dubbed ‘Repeat Offender’ Slammed Again for Inappropriate Behavior in Viral Interview

On March 27, the first episode of the show “Negotiation King” aired, where Kim Won-hoon approached people on the street to conduct a survey about ice cream brand…

Kim Soo Hyun Strikes Back: Legal War Erupts Over Teen Dating Allegations and YouTube Accusations

The legal battle between top actor Kim Soo-hyun and the family of the late Kim Sae-ron has escalated, with experts warning that the family may face serious criminal…

Netizens Call Kim Soo Hyun’s Press Conference a ‘Repeat Performance’ of Edison Chen’s Scandal Apology

Actor Kim Soo-hyun‘s recent press conference aimed at clarifying his alleged relationship with the late Kim Sae-ron has sparked widespread backlash, not for its content, but for its…