Entertainment

Blake Lively’s ‘confidential’ messages with celebrity friends will be safeguarded in the Justin Baldoni case — but there’s a catch.

Blake Lively scored a win in her ongoing legal battle with Justin Baldoni — at least “in part.”

On Thursday, a federal judge granted the “Another Simple Favor” actress, 37, and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, a modified protective order she requested to keep sensitive communications and documents out of the public eye and deemed as for “Attorneys’ Eyes Only” during the pretrial phase of her 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harassment and defamation lawsuit against her “It Ends With Us” co-star and director.

However, the actress — along with fellow plaintiffs Reynolds and her p.r. representatives (the “Moving” parties) — did not get a victory outright, as the request was “granted in part and denied in part.”

The team for Baldoni and his Wayfarer Studios — who have countersued Lively and previously opposed her request for the strengthened protective order — welcomed the decision.

“The Court has narrowed the provision to stated that information may be marked AEO only if its disclosure is ‘highly likely to cause a significant business, commercial, financial, or privacy injury,’ ” Judge Lewis Liman wrote in his memorandum obtained by The Post.

“The parties have levelled [sic] accusations of theft of trade secrets and the disclosure of confidential sensitive information against one another,” he declared.

“The Court’s model protective order is not sufficient for the needs of these cases,” he also stated.

“These cases involve both business competitors and allegations of 𝓈ℯ𝓍ual harm. Discovery will necessarily include confidential and sensitive business and personal information. The risk of disclosure is great.

“Both the Moving Parties and the Wayfarer Parties have accused opposing parties of providing private, sensitive, or confidential information to the media for their own business and personal advantage in ways that cannot easily be traced. Several individuals and corporations on each side are in the business of public relations or media and have easy access to the press.”

The categories of information that the judge designated as “Attorneys’ Eyes Only” included: “trade secrets,” “security measures taken by parties or third parties,” “medical information of parties or third parties,” “highly personal and intimate information about third parties,” and “highly personal and intimate information about parties other than information directly relevant to the truth or falsity of any allegation in the complaints in this case.”

Noting that the protective order will not extend once the lawsuit moves to its trial phase, Liman wrote, “[T]he Court is unlikely to seal or otherwise afford confidential treatment to any Discovery Material introduced in evidence at trial or supporting or refuting any motion for summary judgment, even if such material has previously been sealed or designated as Confidential.”

Celebrating the judge’s decision, a spokesperson for Lively told The Post, “Today, the Court rejected the Wayfarer Parties’ objections and entered the protections needed to ensure the free flow of discovery material without any risk of witness intimidation or harm to any individual’s security. With this order in place, Ms. Lively will move forward in the discovery process to obtain even more of the evidence that will prove her claims in Court.”

Though Baldoni had opposed Lively’s request for the modified protective order, his attorney Bryan Freedman told The Post Thursday that they welcomed Liman’s decision.

“We are fully in agreement with the Court’s decision to provide a narrow scope of protections to categories such as private mental health records and personal security measures that have never been of interest to us as opposed to Ms. Lively’s exceedingly over broad demand for documents for a 2.5 year period of time which the court rightly quashed,” Freedman said.

He continued, “We remain focused on the necessary communications that will directly contradict Ms. Lively’s unfounded accusations. We will oppose any efforts by Ms. Lively and her team to hamper our clients’ ability to defend against her attacks by incorrectly categorizing important information as ‘trade secrets,’ especially considering there were no issues in providing these communications willingly to The New York Times.”

 

Related Posts

NewJeans Stays Silent in Court, But Fans Roar Louder Than Ever

On the morning of April 3, the Seoul Central District Court’s Civil Agreement Division 41 (Presiding Judge Jeong Hoe-il) held the first hearing in the lawsuit filed by…

Young Thug Breaks His Silence — But Prosecutors Slam the Door Shut

Recently, Young Thug allegedly shared a tweet calling Fulton County Investigator Marissa Viverito the “biggest liar in the DA office. ” It’s only been a few months since…

Kanye Declares War: ‘Vultures 1’ Isn’t Just an Album—It’s WW3

Kanye West shared a tracklist full of characteristically absurd song titles on social media on Thursday morning. He shared a track list for a new album titled, WW3, on X (formerly Twitter) early Thursday morning. While he didn’t confirm a release date in the post, DJ Akademiks reports that it will be dropping by surprise earlier than fans may expect. “New Ye album dropping tomorrow. WW3,” he wrote on X with fire emojis. The tracklist features a total of 11 songs, most of which have absurd names such as “Cosby,” “Virgil Let Me Down,” and more. Fans in the comments of Akademiks’ post don’t appear too excited about Kanye West’s announcement. “Ye really went from a legendary figure to dropping songs with Dave blunts,” one user wrote. Another added: “This is by far the most DIABOLICAL tracklist I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” Kanye West New Album Release Date As of 9:00 AM, EST, Kanye West has not released the WW3 album, but he’s built quite a reputation for being unreliable about release dates over the years. The announcement comes as West has been incessantly making headlines for his controversial antics online. He recently went on one rant about the late Virgil Abloh, who it seems he’ll be dissing again on the new album. After having complained about him during an interview with DJ Akademiks, last weekend, West elaborated in a post on X on Wednesday. He wrote: “Imagine a n****a steal your dream and is given your crown because he ain’t wear a red hat and then the culture you built mad at you speaking up. My own friends that knew how bad it hurt me came tryna check me for speaking up. I hate when n****s try to tell me what the f*** I can say.”   Xem bài viết này trên Instagram   Bài viết do DJ Akademiks (@akademiks) chia sẻ The WW3 news also arrives shortly after Kanye West dropped his highly-anticipated album, Bully, last month. He dropped that project by surprise alongside a short film directed by Hype Williams.

J Prince Weighs In: The Epic Clash Between 50 Cent and Rick Ross Heats Up Over Millennium Tour Drama!

In a recent turn of events in the ongoing feud between hip-hop titans 50 Cent and Rick Ross, J Prince has weighed in on the drama, highlighting the…

HoneyKomb Brazy Declares War on the Prince Family: A Bold Fight for Freedom in Hip-Hop!

In a dramatic resurgence within the hip-hop scene, HoneyKomb Brazy has stirred significant controversy with recent statements directed towards the Prince family, known for their affiliations with Rap-A-Lot…

Diddy’s Mom Vanishes Abroad with Millions: A Shocking Betrayal Amid Legal Turmoil!

In a shocking turn of events that has captured headlines and public attention, Sean “Diddy” Combs faces a tumultuous legal battle compounded by the unexpected disappearance of his…